Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Friday, October 26, 2012

A little respite

I happened to somehow land 4 days off in a row from work this week. I'm in the middle of it now. I worked Wednesday night and I don't work again until Monday night. I really feel like I needed this! It's so easy when life gets crazy to just stress out about having to do x, y and z. Or having to go to a, b and c.

Both kids had a sleepover with Grandma and Grandpa last night. Greg and I went out to dinner and watched the baseball game. I slept until 10:30 this morning! I might be embarrassed if I wasn't so well rested.

This evening we got Thai carryout, cleaned up the kitchen and our bedroom then went to the mall just because we felt like it! Ryan got to play with a really cool train table at Von Maur and Greg and I both got coffee. Lauren snoozed in her carseat and then was passed back and forth between Greg and I as we argued over who got to hold her. Now both kids are in bed and I'm catching up on Pit Bulls and Parolees. I might watch some Dateline NBC afterwards. I have nothing that I absolutely have to do. And it feels amazing!

Tomorrow the agenda is going out to breakfast as a family and then bundling up and walking around and playing in the park. We'll take the kids to see my grandparents, who recently moved to Michigan after 20+ years in Tennessee. I'll probably take Lauren grocery shopping. Sunday we're having dinner with about 20 of Greg's family members.

Basically, this is like a vacation from real life. I LOVE it! Life starts back up again Monday with doctor's appointments, work for both of us, preschool, classes for Greg, therapy...you get the idea. But now for it's amazing to just enjoy this little break.

Ryan as I picked him up from his sleepover with Grandma and Grandpa. He did not want to come home!
 
Lauren came with me to pick up our dinner!

1 comment: