Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Friday, September 7, 2012

New ink!

If you don't know me in real life, you probably don't know that I like tattoos. Even if you do know me in real life you might not know. I don't fit the tattoo stereotype at all!

I have a chinese symbol on my ankle meaning twin- my twin sister has it too. I have "grace" in romanian on my hip. I have Ryan's birthday in Roman numerals on my back. I have a peace dove on my wrist.

And today I got a feather on my back. There is a poem by Emily Dickinson called Hope that really speaks to me.

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.
 
So I got a feather in honor of my Lauren Hope.
 
 
I LOVE it! It hurt so bad, haha. But I love it. Do you have any tattoos?

8 comments:

  1. five..and I don't fit into the sterotype at all either. I'd probably have a sleeve if people wouldn't treat me differently.

    Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love surprising people when they find out I have them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the feather! I would like to have a tattoo, and I talk about it, but ... my husband doesn't love the idea, so I resist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have several and can't wait to get the newest one to celebrate my baby! I love hearing the stories behind people's tattoos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the tattoo you got!! That's awesome. Like someone else said, I would have a sleeve if people wouldn't judge me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks!!! It hurt SO bad and took 2 hours. I swear I'm done getting tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No tattoos here - it looks like it would hurt too much! I leave the tats to my brother-in-laws. They have enough for all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have any tattoos, but I would get that one. It's so lovely and poetic.

    ReplyDelete