Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Anniversary

I realized today that we are rapidly approaching a day that will always stand out for me.

September 26th.

This is the day we found out that Lauren would be born with Down syndrome. I feel like that day was just yesterday and forever ago all in the same moment.

We're only six months in and already I wish I could go back and give myself some comfort. Some hope. A little bit of peace.

Don't be afraid, she's just a baby. You will love her. She will make your family feel whole. She will be absolutely perfect. Her smile will light up a room. Nobody will pity her, they will enjoy her. Life will be normal. Ryan will love her. She will love Ryan. She will be accepted. She will be loved. She will be welcomed. She will teach you more about strength than you ever thought possible. She will bring joy in every moment.

She will be enough.

1 comment: