Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Working on his fitness

I forgot to show you the cutest picture that exists in the history of pictures.

LOL! Sadly, he is the only person in the house who actually uses this to exercise. I use it to hang clothes on most of the time. Damn you, Greg, you were right! Ryan likes to sneak in my room with a smirk on his face and ask if he can use my "eckersize machine". Who could say no to that?!

Ryan has become a big boy so quickly I can hardly believe it! How in the world is he going to be 3 in December?! He isn't even a toddler anymore. He's a kid!

He has become the worlds most polite 2 year old. Everything is "Yes, thank you!" or "No, thank you!" He's 2. Guess which one he says most often? We'll tell him it's time for bed and he'll very politely say, "No, thank you!"

Yesterday he was playing in my parents' sink, one of this favorite things. He kept messing with something so I told him he either had to stop it or get down. His response: "Those aren't my choices!" LOL! Then I told him he had to stop throwing water on the floor or he wouldn't be able to wash dishes anymore. His response: "Those aren't my rules!"

Times like that I know I should discipline him. He actually listened pretty well after that, he just likes to have the last word. But remember, he was pretty delayed in speech. He didn't talk at all until after he turned 2. So hearing him think of things in his head and formulate a sentence thrills me! I'm so proud of him when he talks so well, even if it's something he probably shouldn't say.

He also gave one of his kitchen utensils a time out. Did I ever tell you that he loves time outs? He asks for "one more minute".

I had to run into Kroger really quick today to grab some avocados to make guacamole for a family dinner. Greg and Lauren waited in the car and Ryan wanted to come in with me. (YAY! I always ask him to come with me for stuff like that but he always wants to stay in the car with Greg.I have to bribe him with chocolate milk to get him to come to Starbucks with me.) I told him if he was a good boy he could pick out a little treat. I should've been more specific, I was thinking along the lines of a balloon. He picked out 12 mini cupcakes!

I'm in trouble. And I love every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment