Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Friday, August 3, 2012

Christmas is in the air!

I know, I know, it's only August. But if you know me, you know I LOVE Christmas! I would celebrate year round if it were socially acceptable. The feeling I get in my heart and soul right around the end of November is unexplainable. Its the feeling of a cozy sweater, a crackling fire, hot cocoa, family, the first snowfall, cold noses and warm hugs, cinnamon and Christmas carols all rolled into one nameless emotion. I absolutely love it!
Last year at Christmas time my heart was utterly consumed with worry and fear because we had so many unknowns. Would our baby make to delivery? Would we love her the same as we would a typical baby? Should I even get attached in case she doesn't make it through surgery? What if she doesn't even make it to surgery? Why was God doing this to us?

Needless to say, this year we have a LOT to be thankful for and I am so super excited to celebrate my favorite time of the year with our happy family of four. What better time than Christmas to celebrate the miracles living under our very own roof?

When I look at Lauren I can't even believe I ever doubted that she was something to be thankful for. That I let worry steal the joy that was trying to fill my heart.

I can't WAIT to celebrate the heck out of Christmas this year! I am pretty much obsessed with the Holiday board on Pinterest!


Do you think it's too early to get her a pony??

No comments:

Post a Comment