Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Monday, December 3, 2012

Giving back

Today I had the opportunity to teach Lauren the importance of giving back.

Luckily I had a dollar in my wallet, I don't usually carry cash. We got to give a dollar to the bell ringer for Salvation Army while grocery shopping! Ryan was at home napping. Lauren was not super impressed with the whole concept, but she'll get there.

And our streak of weird happenings while grocery shopping continues. I thought we were past this since it happened every single time we went grocery shopping when Lauren was a tiny baby. Today was baby girl's first time sitting in the shopping cart! We got her a new Taggie shopping cart cover (for Christmas. I am horrible at waiting!) and she had on her new purple pea coat and was sitting up, waving at people and generally being amazing. This woman goes, "Is your baby 2 months or 3?"

Really?! What 2 or 3 month old baby do you know that is sitting up, waving a rattle and waving at other shoppers? She must've had some pretty smart kids! I get that she's little but really. We were just asked yesterday if she was about a year old, which is much closer to the correct answer. People are weird.



On a serious note: Please pray for my husband's family. His uncle passed away suddenly from a heart attack on Saturday while mountain biking with a friend. He was 52 and extremely healthy. He leaves behind an amazing wife and two beautiful teenage daughters, as well as several siblings and his parents. My father in law is heartbroken at losing his brother. Please, please, please pray for this family. They needs God's love and healing now more than ever.

1 comment:

  1. Funny someone asked you that bc at around 9 months, someone asked us the same crap. I asked what 2 month old sits up?! So annoying but I think these people really don't know about babies lol

    ReplyDelete