Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Monday, November 5, 2012

Life is underway

I thought about doing the "30 Days of Thankful" post here, but remembered that I'm terrible at comitting to blogging every day. So I'll just tell you some things now. Thankful Monday, perhaps?

  • I am so thankful for my mom and mother in law! They watch our kids so Greg and I can make it work without daycare. I work midnights and Greg works days. They watch our kids so I can actually sleep! It's amazing. We would be absolutely lost without them.
  • I am thankful for our kids. The other day Ryan was brushing his teeth WHILE eating chips. Hilarious! Hey, at least he brushes his teeth.
  • I am thankful for our beautiful home. It's small but it's perfect for us right now. Added benefit of a small house- less to clean! Nothat it entices me to clean any more often.
  • Vanilla Coke. I had some for the first time in years earlier this week. It's the small things in life!
We're doing great over here at Meeting Lauren. Girlfriend is all over the place and so ready to crawl. She's starting popping up on all fours for a second or two. She's also started sitting up on her own! She can't do it for more than 20-ish seconds but man, am I proud! She started waving yesterday. She and Ryan were even waving at each other before bedtime. It melted my heart. Of course she wouldn't do it for me today though!

I'm really bummed that the election is on a Tuesday. I mean, yay politics! Woo! But Lauren has therapy on Tuesdays. Last Tuedsday was a snow day or something, I think it was because of the hurricane (didn't know we got those in Michigan!) It was pretty windy! And this week is the election. I need to see Lauren's teacher so I can shamelessly brag about how awesome my kid is update her on Lauren's progress!

He needs a haircut! Anyone volunteer to take him? It's really awful fun, I promise. He loves it.

2 comments:

  1. Hehe eating chips & brushing his teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do a thankful Tuesdays (which I do) over at Micha Boyett's Mama Monk!

    ReplyDelete