Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Guess who has a tooth?!

Lauren got her first tooth!!!!! I wasn't even remotely prepared for this and wasn't expecting it until way closer to a year or after. Kids with Down syndrome tend to get teeth later than typical kids. So when Lauren kissed me and then lovingly bit my nose I was quite surprised to feel something sharp! It looks like it's kind of in a weird spot so I'm not totally sure which tooth it is. Apparently kids with Down syndrome also get teeth in weird order. It's hard to tell which one it is since there's only one. Sheh as another one on the other side about to break through too. Now I know why she's been so fussy and chomping on everything lately!


I can't believe my baby girl is getting so big! I'll never see a little gummy smile from her again. Where has the time gone?! I was so excited about this I could barely sleep last night! Her very first tooth!!

My dad still calls me Spooky Tooth to this day. I had an extra tooth, both a baby tooth and a permanent tooth. My mom used to yell at him for calling me names, haha!

Ryan has been such a good boy lately that he got a Christmas present early!

Don't you love how he was hiding behind it? He saw this wooden farm train and loved it, so I got it for him. And then I promptly gave it to him as soon as we got home. He asked for it first thing this morning too! How do parents actually wait until Christmas when they shop so early?!

Also, back to the tooth. Do I need to brush it? I probably should remember this from when Ryan was a baby.

3 comments:

  1. Aww Yay Lauren! I swear my daughter has been teething for a month, but no teeth. She is not quite 6 months. I wonder why they come in late and in a different order? Strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The odd order happened with Cate. She got her upper front teeth last! Yeah Lauren - munching chicken nuggets isn't too far away now!

    ReplyDelete