Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

We're in the hospital

I spoke too soon!

We weren't able to manage everything with every other day appointments and Lauren was admitted to the hospital yesterday. The main concerns are getting her to gain weight and to keep her breathing at a more normal rate (in the 60's rather than the 120's). Right now she's getting IV Lasix and she's getting aldactone via NG tube. We might start digoxin soon, which will hopefully help her heart a little bit since it has an increased workload.

She's taking all of her feeds through her tube for now until we can get her some more energy. We will be going home with the NG tube though and most of her feeds will be through that. Once we're home we can start out her feeds by bottle and tube everything she doesn't finish in 15-20 minutes.

Thanks again for the prayers and kind thoughts, I'll keep you updated! It's looking like we'll be here until Friday at least.

4 comments:

  1. Gah! I'm sad to see this but it's best they are treating her like the little royal princess she is than 'hoping' everything will be ok until next week, etc. I do know how much it sucks to live in the PICU, it is easier with a tiny baby though.
    I think the only thing I looked forward to everyday was food lol!

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I hope Lauren is all well by Friday. I don't know what you are going through, but my thoughts and prayers are with you all! ((Hugs)) BTW she is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Lauren! I am using your amnio story (from BC) for my post, and I hope it's okay that I got a photo from here as well...email me if it's not:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When do the cardiologists anticipate her OHS? It's horrible getting there, but hopefully sooner than later so you can all get this hard part behind you.

    ReplyDelete