Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

OHS is scheduled

Lauren's open heart surgery is scheduled for Monday March 19th. 5 days from now. I am so scared and yet so ready to put this major hurdle behind her. I'm excited for her to be able to breathe. I'm excited for her to grow. I'm excited to take her home. I'm trying really hard to focus on the positives because otherwise I think I'll fall apart.

I don't know any particulars about what time or how all of this really works so far. We can't stay with her when she's in the ICU so I think at least the first night we'll be staying at the Ronald McDonald house, which we can currently see from our window! I'm glad we'll still be able to stay very close by.

It's been in the 70's and beautiful here! I went for a nice walk this afternoon and when I got back I told Lauren all about how when she's all better we can go for long walks and play at the park when it's this nice outside! The nice weather does a lot to boost my mood and spirit so I'm very thankful for sunshine and warmth.

Again, we so appreciate your continued prayers for everything that's going on right now.

4 comments:

  1. We're holding little Lauren up in our prayers, as well as, you & your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughts and prayers for little Lauren. The waiting is brutal and praying for strength for your family too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll be praying for you all. And remember, there are always little bumps on the road to recovery, so stay positive! These little ones are warriors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be thinking of her.
    My friends niece has Downs Syndrome and OHS too. You can read about at http://lilysbigadventure.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete