Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

OHS is in less than 7 hours

I'm writing this post with a sleeping baby on my lap!

I am terrified. I can't make myself say it out loud, but what if she dies? I am so scared. I wish I could take back every ounce of sadness I felt when we found out that Lauren had Down syndrome. I wish I could tell my 18 weeks pregnant self that she would be a true gift. I love her so much and I honestly feel so LUCKY to have the honor of parenting a child with Down syndrome. And even luckier that it's my sweet, snuggly, redheaded Lauren Hope.

We have truly the best team of doctors, nurses, anesthesia people, and etc tomorrow. We also have God! I truly believe that Lauren has so much to teach the world and I'm honored to help her learn to do just that.

Please pray for the medical professionals working on Lauren, pray for peace and calm in my part and pray that my beautiful daughter wakes up to a healed heart tomorrow.

I will update here and on facebook tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if I have your facebook link or not! I hope everything went/is still going great.

    Everytime P gets anesthesia I try to downplay it, or has a procedure or surgery but the reality is that she could die. But, anyones child can die, at anytime. So you can't let yourself think like that, their are no guarantees in life, ever for healthy children.

    Lauren is going to be a rock star! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, for Lauren, and for all the doctors and nurses caring for her today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little girl, Lily, was born 10 weeks early and will also have to have OHS in the next couple months. She has an AV Canal. I don't know if this will help comfort you or not, but her doctor told me the surgery is actually easier on babies with DS because they have more heart tissue to work with. I understand your fears and I will be praying for your family and your sweet angel.
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete