Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Friday, March 23, 2012

New surgery date

I'm posting from my phone, so please forgive any format issues!

Lauren's surgery is scheduled for Thursday March 29th! This is the third date we've gotten and we keep.having setbacks. Lets hope this one sticks! My nerves are shot after mentally preparing so many times.

Great news...Lauren now weighs 6lbs 12oz !!!! I am so excited. I think once she hits 7lbs I'm going to throw a party. She'll be 6 weeks old on Monday, where has the time gone?! She's getting so big and is so awake and alert. I thought I might've seen a smile the other day but brushed it off and said, "no way!". But today her nurse (my favorite) said she thinks she got a real smile this morning! What a big milestone!

I'll update more when I have my laptop back here at the hospital!

10 comments:

  1. Praying for you this week anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying still! And a big YA HOO!!! for the smile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and hoping that this surgery date sticks. I know how hard waiting for that day to get here is.

    And wow on your nursing student fiasco. That is totally unacceptable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a rollercoaster ride. You and Lauren are going to need a major vacation after all this is over. Poor little thing with her ankle and all the IVs. As if fevers, infection and heart failure weren't enough. Praying that the surgery can happen on Thursday. And kudos for sticking up for her. I found that I had to follow up on every little thing during Cora's hospital stays, even though at first I felt like a heel doing so. It really was necessary. Glad that she's got such a good advocate in you. Can't wait to see her post-surgery smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope this date sticks! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for beautiful Lauren! You are survivors and will get thru this! I work at Metro-West for Amanda and am so thankful she shared Laurens story. I have sent an email to all of my friends in my St. Judes and Special Olympic networks so you have hundreds of new supporters...We will all be thinking of Lauren and your family, sending extra positive vibes tomorrow...thank you for sharing your beautiful Lauren!! (Janine McCollum, Illinois)

    ReplyDelete