Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Life

Life has been so busy lately. I worked last night, slept a bit, and had a great afternoon/evening.

I really needed a day with my family! We went to Costco and then had dinner with my grandparents, mom, cousins and aunt. Afterwards we went to Kroger (sans Ryan, he got to stay longer at his Gigi and Poppas to play). And I took Maizy for a nice 25 minute walk. So relaxing! There was nothing at all stressful about my day :) and I have 2 more days off before I go back to work.

Walkin Maizy daily is my new exercise and weight-maintenance plan. I was working out at the gym 3ish days a week and I lost about 10lbs. Woot! I'm not quite 5'3" so that's a good amount for me. I just can't seem to organize my life and find the motivation to make driving to the gym, just to use the elliptical machine anymore. So walking 25 minute 4-5 days a week will have to do. It's nice to have some time alone to clear my head.

Today Lauren was in the BEST mood! She was being so loving and playful. I'm pretty sure I got more kisses from her today than I usually get in a week. I struggle with the fact that she favors Greg right now, so I really  needed that. Once it was bedtime I fed her a bottle and rocked her to almost-asleep. She is still remarkably cuddly, especially at bedtime. Lucky us!! I couldn't love that more.

This is a picture of Greg and Lauren eating popcorn together. He was biting off the sharp parts for her. Dad of the year!!

Best friendsies at Costco!

How did I get so lucky?



No comments:

Post a Comment