Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Exhale

I can hardly believe the good news we got today at Lauren's echo appointment. I feel like I can finally exhale the stress, worry and fear that has been slowly creeping into my bones and squeezing my heart for the last few months.

As we walked to the elevators from the cardio clinic I felt the hot tears start leaking from my eyes as the weight left my shoulders. My beautiful daughter really is healthy!

As much as I hold on to hope as much as I can, fear still comes. So does worry. Doubt. Insecurity.

It can be a daily battle sometimes to make sure hope wins. Sometimes it doesn't even come close. My life, my faith is a work in progress.

Today I snuggled my sweet girl and smelled her sweet toddler fragrance of strawberry shampoo, ritz crackers and sweat...it's a life worth working on. As I gave Ryan a bath, blow dried his hair upon request and sang "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" before bed on this this 97 degree day... It's a hope worth holding onto.

We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment