Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Busy Busy!!

I worked my first 12 hour nursing shift today! Well, I mostly shadowed but I did get to do some cool stuff.

I missed Ryan and Lauren SO SO much. Way more than I thought I would. Why can't money just grow on trees??? I can't wait to switch to midnights. As much as I know it will be a big adjustment, I really hate being gone during the day. I'd rather be gone while they're asleep.

I do love my job. I went to school for what feels like a million years to get to where I am today. But I don't really feel all that ready to be away for Lauren for such long stretches. After all, she's only 3 months old! But it is what it is and it's what works for right now. She and Ryan were both really excited to see me when I got home, it made me super happy. Ryan even ate his whole dinner! If that doesn't show love, I don't know what does.

And of course, for my first shift, my car wouldn't start this morning. I am so thankful that not only is it Sunday but that we have two cars. I had to take Greg's car to work, stranding him and the kids at home. Luckily his mom came and took them all to church! Ryan loves going to church and was already asking this evening to "go back another day and play with my friends". I love that boy!

In other news, I bit the bullet this week and finally joined the iPhone craze. I love it. You know how I have practically zero picturs of Ryan becuase he is totally camera shy? Apparently he loves it if he can see himself!

Kisses from Ryan and I!



1 comment:

  1. I don't know how I ever lived without a smartphone ;)

    ReplyDelete