Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Four Months Young!



We just celebrated Lauren's 4 month birthday yesterday!!

Sometimes it does not seem possible that Lauren is already 4 months old. Didn't I just find out I was pregnant with her a couple of weeks ago? Time sure flies when you're having fun!

Other times it seems like I can't believe she's only 4 months old. Hasn't she been a part of me forever? It's hard to believe life existed before I became Lauren's mom.

Lauren has fit so many things into her 4 month existence. Heck, she fit a ton of stuff in before she was even born! It's so awesome to see my beautiful baby girl doing so well and seeming so happy. She is super smiley, love to play peek-a-boo and most importantly, loves to snuggle. She is my baby shower buddy-the #1 reason I was so excited to find out I was having a little girl!

In our darkest days in the hospital with her I was afraid to think of milestones like this. I was so afraid that I might not get to celebrate. Some might find it silly to celebrate month birthdays, but I am so thankful that we have the opportunity. We did with our son too!

So yesterday, as I sang "Happy Birthday" to my sweet little girl I teared up a little as I reflected on how thankful and blessed we are that Lauren has the chance of a full, happy life ahead of her.

Happy four months, Lauren! And here's to all the birthdays ahead of you!

My blue eyed silly girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment