Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

For This Child I Prayed

We are so blessed to have such an awesome church family. We go to a "megachurch" but I've never really felt like it's too big.

Every time we check our son Ryan into the kids program on Sunday morning we have multiple people ask how my pregnancy is going and tell us they are praying for us and our baby girl. It is very encouraging! So many people are waiting to meet Lauren, I can't wait to bring her to church for the first time! I'll even admit, I have had her first church outfit picked out since the day after we found out she was for sure a girl!

There's one man in particular that we always chat with a little bit, he's friends with my husbands parents and is the uncle of a good friend. The past few times we've checked Ryan into the kids program he says, "Thanks for growing the church!"

This may not seem like a huge deal to you, but it is a big deal to me. It really is. It shows me that Lauren is already an accepted and valued member of our church family and our community. It shows me that she is already loved by so many people. We are blessed. Thoughtful comments like this are a salve on the wounds of comments that are not so thoughtful or kind.

When we first found out that Lauren has Down syndrome we couldn't help but think of all the things we thought she would never accomplish and could never do. Now that we've had time to educate ourselves and fall even more in love with our daugther we realize that there are so many more things that she CAN accomplish and CAN do! We were placing limitations on a person we'd never even met. Isn't that crazy?

It's just really nice to hear that so many people are praying for our daughter and anxiously awaiting her arrival. She is the answer to our prayers.

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him" 1 Samuel 1:27

2 comments:

  1. I hope to work with Lauren when I serve in the DI nursery! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am counting down the days til we are all able to meet her! Love your family so much!

    ReplyDelete