Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

"Boring" update



How much do I love that I have a boring update?! A lot!


I had an OB appointment today, along with my usual non-stress test. Lauren looks great! We're still set for delivery on February 17th...15 days from now!!!!


Want to know the best news?!


I asked my doctor how things would work right after Lauren is born. If she's breathing okay and her apgars are good, will we get to hold her for a while before she's taken to NICU for observation, echo, etc... My OB said that we can expect for her to be able to go with us to the recovery room and we should be able to have a few hours with her before they take her for her tests! YAY!!! I know it's not a guarantee, but the thought of getting to snuggle her pretty quick after she's born is SO exciting.


And he said that if we make it to 39 weeks we have a much greater chance of her getting to come home with us when I'm discharged instead of having a longer NICU stay. Please pray that happens, I want nothing more than to be able to take her home right away. So as much as I feel ready to be "done", I really hope baby Lauren can hang on until the 17th!


Also, I finished the pictures to hang on the walls in her nursery, with the help of my sister and a good friend! (Please excuse the left over cereal in the picture, breakfast can get messy with a 2 year old!)


Things are going really well. Thank you again for all of your prayers and kind thoughts. I'm going to have a daughter soon!!!!

6 comments:

  1. I think of you often! Can't wait to read about little Lauren's arrival (hopefully, though, in 15 days!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can't wait to share pictures and the story of her arrival :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to love 'boring' appointments ;) Love the pictures - very gorgeous. Not long to go now! Can't wait to 'meet' Lauren very soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew, just got caught up on your last 5 or 6 posts! When you are this close to the end, boring is good! Glad to hear the contractions stopped. Not much longer until you meet your little one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came across your blog and wanted to say I'm praying for you and little Lauren. I attend Northridge and Anita is a friend of mine. My daughter, Sofia, is now 6, but like you I learned she had an extra chromosome before she was born. I remember waiting for her to arrive and being so excited to finally get to meet her and hold her. Lauren is blessed to have you for a mama! Congratulations!

    BTW, I love the little birdies...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you!! We can't wait to introduce her to her Northridge family!

    ReplyDelete