Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Friday, May 4, 2012

Things I was afraid of

When I was pregnant with Lauren I worried about what she would look like, what she would accomplish, what she wouldn't be able to accomplish...you get the idea. The big downside to a prenatal diagnosis, in my opinion, is that you go through the grieving stage without a baby in your arms. This allows every worry, every thought and every idea of a person with "special needs" to morph into one big, scary person.

I was worried that she wouldn't be pretty. Aside from all the comments like "Down's kids are always so cute!" and "they are always so happy!" I worried what MY baby would look like. (Side note: Don't say this to a parent or, God forbid, a person with Down syndrome. Nobody is always happy, especially kids. And cuteness shouldn't be reduced to a side effect. Although sometimes I really do think that the 21st chromosome is responsible for cuteness, Lauren is extra cute)

Turns out, I was worried for nothing! She is so gorgeous. She takes my breath away with how beautiful she is. I mean, look at her:

I don't even think I'm biased, she really IS the cutest baby girl ever ;)

And my son?

Clearly Greg and I only make cute kids.

As for the accomplishments, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Right now Lauren has finally started smiling again since her surgery and I am loving every second of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment