Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!!

Happy Mother's Day!

I can't believe I've already been a mother for almost two and a half years! I am so incredibly greatful for my sweet little Ryan, the little boy who made me a mom :) I love him SO much. He is so incredibly sweet, gentle and kind. He love animals of all kinds, even bugs (ew!). He talks nonstop and narrates our entire day. He is always ready to give a hug, kiss or high five. He likes to stick out his pointer finger when we say, "ET phone home!" (I taught him that when he was only 6 months old!) He doesn't usually love snuggling but when he does it's the very best thing ever. I love him so so much it hurts sometimes and it is such a pleasure watching him learn new things every minute.

Lauren has been a part of our family for only three months, thought it seems like she's been a part of us forever. I love her more than words can express. She has been through more in her first three months than most people experience in a lifetime. She loves to snuggle and smash her face into my neck. She smiles with her eyes more than her lips. She likes to grab my hair with her fingers and try to eat it. She has made me not only a better mom but a stronger person. She has taught me that everything special in life is worth fighting for. She's taught me that being different is the best way to be. She taught me that thinking, feeling and loving from my heart is the very best way to love.

My mom is the best mom ever though, she has shown me how to be a great mom! I love her and and I am so happy to have her as my best friend.

My mother in law is a wonderful woman, I am so lucky to have her as my mother-in-love. She has raised an awesome man who I am so lucky to call my husband.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms and moms to be! It's one of the most important jobs on this planet and I consider it a true blessing to be called Mommy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment