Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Therapy day

Wednesday is therapy day for both kids. Lauren's summer therapy program is Mondays and Wednesdays. Ryan gets feeding therapy on Wednesdays.

Ryan did awesome today! He tried vanilla greek yogurt (with orange food coloring). All of those things are crazy for him to try. He doesn't like vanilla. He doesn't like yogurt. And the only thing orange he eats are Cheez-Its! I'm super proud of him. He gets done an hour and a half before Lauren, so I took him through McDonald's for pancakes and then we went to the park! It was really a great day.

Lauren had a lot of fun at therapy. She colored a little booklet about dinosaurs. Each page was a different dinosaur that she scribbled with a different color crayon. She was so proud of this! She ran out of class, sat on the floor in front of Ryan and me and said, "Let me tell you!". Then we got home and she showed Greg. I asked if he liked it and she said, "He tell me good job!" It's so fun to see her so excited and engaged. She did elope briefly on our way out of therapy, she darted forward, was ducking under adult arms and dodging kids left and right. She stopped right before the parking lot. I didn't bring Monte because we had a long day (left the house at 11am and didn't get home until after 4). I'm thinking that was a mistake and I gave her a little too much freedom. Regardless, I call it a win.

I've been a little overwhelmed with life lately, so if you're the praying type I'd appreciate some prayers or kind thoughts. Greg is working a ton and I feel like I'm shouldering the entire burden of childcare, home stuff, medical stuff (for both Lauren and myself). Plus working full time. I. Am. Tired. I'm so thankful that Greg has a good job, and thankful he's able to work so much. But I need more hours in my day. More days in my week. Maybe I just need a wife?

No comments:

Post a Comment