Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Truth

I'm afraid of jinxing it...but Lauren's behavior has been great! We still have the "I not love you" if things don't go her way. But she and I went grocery shopping alone (no Monte and no dad) and it went awesome. The next day we went to the ENT doctor (she needs her tonsils out and possibly tubes 😣). The next day I took both kids and Monte to Target and everybody was awesome.

The small successes all in a row feel like a huge win! I don't know if I've shared this here in the past, but I have anxiety and depression. Medication certainly helps but it doesn't make it go away. Some days it feels like I'm under water with life and I can't quite reach the top.  Some days it's like swimming upstream just to do normal, every day, adulting things. But the good days? Those are hard won victories I will cherish and take whenever I can get 'em.


No comments:

Post a Comment