Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Monday, September 15, 2014

Contentment

Time is flying by. I can't even believe it's the middle of September already. The kids are both really enjoying school and making friends. Today Lauren didn't even cry when I dropped her off! They said she stops crying as soon as I'm out of sight but it makes me feel a million times better to leave her in a happy mood.

Since school started September 2nd she's said grandma, spoon, fishy and red (while correctly identifying the color!).

Ryan is flourishing as well. He does great with the classroom routine. He's been such a sweet heart. The parapro on the kids' bus just loves him and has told me twice how sweet he is and how lucky we are. All awesome things to hear!

My twin sister is due any minute with her second. We were over there today and Ryan noticed some baby items and asked what they were for. My sister told him they were for the new baby. Ryan turned and told his cousin, "These are for our brother!". Melt my heart! How on earth did I get so lucky to get these kids?!

Greg and I started a bible study with a few other couples. Our Young Marrieds class at church has kicked off. We're both working/school full time.

Life is going well over here. It's busy. It's wild. But it's so much fun.

I am content.

No comments:

Post a Comment