Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Preschool Progress

Lauren's been in preschool for 2 weeks now. Today is the end of her second week.

So far, so good! She really seems to love it. She cries at drop-off, which surprises me. She's never cried when we leave her at church! Her teachers assure me that as soon as I leave she stops crying and waits with her friends on the bus bench.

Two of her teachers have children with special needs! This makes me so happy to know, I feel great knowing that her teachers are also parents who "get it". One of these teachers is Lauren's clear favorite, she's the one Lauren will go to when I drop her off.

This morning they told me that yesterday she was "the most verbal we've seen her yet"!!! She really has been talking more just in the last couple of weeks. Yesterday she said spoon and grandma. This morning she said baby. What a smart girl!!

Today was Ryan's first day riding the bus. Yesterday was the first day, but parents stayed. He just got home and said he loved the bus!! He told me he'll tell me about school "later" because he has to "work" right now. This means he's way too busy playing with all of his trains!

Man, I missed them!! It was a nice morning to myself and I got a lot done, but I missed them more than I thought I would.

Last year vs this year. My, how he's grown!

No comments:

Post a Comment