Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Kids are expensive

The title says it all about our summer! Lauren is doing her normal summer therapy program this year! She will get OT, Speech, Academics, and Theater (to work on pretend play).  We're super excited, she's made great gains in the past with this program and we thought it would be great idea before starting kindergarten in the fall.

Ryan is going to be doing some feeding therapy this summer and possibly some OT as well. He still has less than 15 foods total that he will eat. And even with those, he's eliminating them instead of adding new ones. His fine motor skills are not awesome, so he'll get some help with this too!

Ryan is always amazing, but lately he has just been so dang good! His precocious speech is and always will be my favorite. We bought him a sketch pad at Target this week and he put back the one I grabbed and got a different one, saying "I believe this is more cost effective". LOL. How is one person so adorable?!

We had an awesome day with Lauren yesterday, which are few and far between lately. She was a perfect baby angel, save for a couple episodes of rude language (I don't like you, go away, etc) and hitting her cousin in the face with a plastic rake. I let her stay up super late and she finally had to ask me to put her in her bed! I love days like that so, so much.

We're currently enjoying a few days in Northern Michigan with extended family (Grandma, aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, nephews, etc). It's always a great time. Greg and I are taking bets on how long we'll be able to stay (AKA how long Lauren will be able to stay). Our family is amazing and totally "gets" her, so if we have to leave early we know it's with no judgement. That is worth more than gold to this mama's heart. Some days I feel like it doesn't matter how hard I try, it's never going to be enough. But if we just accept that Lauren's behavior puts some limitations on what we can do, it tends to go better and cause me less stress. Ryan will stay for a whole week with my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment