Welcome to my blog!
A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!
Wednesday, December 12, 2018
POTS update
I knew it was too good to be true! My cardiologist had said they could do my IV infusions in the office, which didn't sound quite right. His office staff said they couldn't do it, but he said they could. I was supposed to go today...and they called yesterday and said they can't. The good news in this is that I'm already set up at a nearby infusion center attached to a local hospital and I got next week Wednesday. I talked my insurance company and it's covered (HALLELUJAH!) thought I'm sure my co-pays won't be small. The downside is that this is a rough POTS week and I have to wait a full week for IV fluids, and I'm not currently on any medications. At work yesterday I had several episodes of dizziness and shortness of breath, getting pre-syncopal (vision going black and I feel like I'm going to pass out). Today is my day off, so I've been taking it super easy and I've already taken 2 naps and it's only 2pm. Ryan's been a little under the weather so I let him stay home an extra day (I swear he's coughing and sneezing, but it's also really nice to have him home!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment