Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Sunday, December 9, 2018

Great day!

Knock on wood, today has been almost a unicorn parenting day with Lauren. She let me get her dressed for church, didn't argue about heading out the door, she didn't argue with me at all when it was time to leave church, and she let me relax and read a little bit after church. We played Barbies and Playdoh together. We TRIED to accompany Ryan on a Pokemon Go walk in our neighborhood but after 2 houses Lauren decided to go home (even though I had her wheelchair with us, I tried forcing her in and then decided it was not worth fighting over) and I obviously can't leave her in the house even remotely unsupervised. Ryan then called and chatted with his grandma while he walked around a little bit. Ryan decided not to come to church with us (we went out to dinner with extended family last night and it was loud, but he ate! He told me that the air around him was squeezing him aka he was anxious, so I totally expected him to choose to stay home this morning.). He actually asked for waffles for breakfast! This might seem like no big deal, but he stopped eating waffles about a year ago when our wonder-nanny left, and this morning he actually asked for them. Anything we can add back into his limited food repertoire is a win, even if it's all carbs! AND he ate an apple this week and he stopped eating apples a couple months ago.

Greg's been fighting a respiratory illness for almost 3 weeks, so he's been down for the count. I would totally think it's the flu but he hasn't had a fever. I'm just hoping and praying nobody else in the house gets it! My symptoms have been pretty okay the last few days (thank God!) and when I felt dizzy today, Lauren let me lay down for a little bit.

Church today was awesome. Pastor Scott brought his oncologist to church and introduced her which I thought was really sweet. She talked about the importance of organ donation, which I super loved. Pastor talked about the Christmas story and the birth of Jesus. He talked about the possibility of Mary saying no to the angel who told her she would carry the son of God, and encouraged the congregation to think of anything God was asking us to do and to examine our hesitancy to say yes. It was really food for thought. As always, I really wish my husband could come to church with me, but the guy works every single night so he needs to sleep.

And now I'm attempting to make meatloaf (terrifying, first time ever) so in about an hour we'll know if we need to order pizza or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment