This is a boring and whiny post about myself. I just need to get it out.
I had an upper GI scope and a colonoscopy last week. It ruled out the scary stuff, which is great. I have an esophageal ulcer and acid reflux. I started on Pepcid, so I'm hopeful it will help. I am also extremely frustrated because we still have no freaking clue what's up with my GI tract.
Today is a horrible POTS day, I ended up leaving work after only being there for 3 hours. My heart rate has been bouncing between 112-140 and I'm having GI issues again. I'm wondering if my body is still recovering from my colonoscopy prep.
I was obviously dehydrated after prepping for the colonoscopy, and my heart rate was being weird in the morning. I was dizzy and feeling overall crappy (pun not intended). Once they got me in pre-op, I was attached to the monitors and I thought they weren't going to do the scope because of my heart rate variability. Thank God the anesthesia team was familiar with POTS. They gave me a full bag of fluids before the procedure, and another during/after. I was on and off sleepy the whole rest of the day. The next day was a big event at work that was so much fun! I felt mostly okay, I sat down when I needed to. Sunday and Monday were fairly uneventful.
Then today I'm miserable. I am just so freaking frustrated with never feeling well. I feel like I'm too young and too "healthy" to be sick like this. I am fatigued beyond belief, I feel weak, I'm dizzy, my stomach is always upset. I can't do the things I love anymore (long walks, bike rides with Lauren, walking around Target) because chances are I'm not going to be able to finish and once I get started I don't have a choice. I tried two different medications that my cardiologist recommended. I started the first one and felt even more dizzy and had stomach pain. I added the second one to see if maybe it would help, but I was even more dizzy, extremely weak, my blood pressure seemed even lower, and I could barely function. I called my doctor yesterday to tell him that the meds were a no go, and he's having me come in tomorrow to better document my symptoms and hopefully try something else.
I feel beaten down today. I know plenty of people have it way worse than I do. But I am miserable. This is my current view, with my feet up, trying to feel even a little bit better.

No comments:
Post a Comment