Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Thursday, June 7, 2018

Another not fun update

My hand still hurts, but I'm back at work. It's nice to be back and my amazing coworkers are really letting me take it easy and do things I'm able.

Lauren had her follow up with the orthopedic surgeon today. I was concerned about her gait. She has a really wide stance and her left foot is turned out quite a bit. It turns out this won't likely get a whole lot better. We're going to start physical therapy ASAP. Surgery could correct the turning out of her foot, but he doesn't recommend it now and we wouldn't do it anyway. I'm feeling pretty discouraged! Lauren, however, has been doing pretty awesome. We ditched the wheelchair at school. She's still using it for community outings. We should be getting a new adaptive stroller, just awaiting insurance approval and then for it to be ordered and come in. I can't wait! Her current adaptive stroller we got right before she turned 3, so it's really small for her. The foot plates are so high up, even on the lowest setting, that I feel like her knees reach her ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment