Dear Lauren,
It's hard to believe that when you wake up in the morning, you'll be seven years old. The pride and honor I feel to be blessed enough to be your mama isn't something I can't describe with words. You have made so many of my dreams come true.
When you were growing in my tummy, I had a lot of time to prepare for you. I spent over four months learning about you and trying to get a glimpse of what you would be. But what I didn't dare dream of was WHO you would be. I didn't know about this gorgeous little girl you would become. You love with your whole heart, you stand up for yourself and what you deserve even when it drives my crazy, and you've never met a dog you didn't want to hug. You love the color purple, and Barbies, and YouTube, and you surprise me every day. You love to read, you learn new things by the minute, and you never, ever, stop trying. You still let me rock you to sleep every night and you let me kiss you more times a day than either of us can count. You are the first person I see every morning and you always tell me to have a good day on my way out the door. You look up to your brother with fierce love in your eyes, and I know his eyes hold the same love for you. The way you look up at daddy and ask him to carry you up to bed is so adorable, and I know you know how cute you are. You are breaking down every barrier set to hold you back and you do it with a glint in your eye and a smirk on your lips. You are a world changer, my sweet girl. Nothing can hold you back.
I have had seven years so far to love you, hold you in my arms, and to call you mine. I am grateful to God every day for choosing us for each other, and I wouldn't change a thing about you. I hope your seventh year brings you even half of the joy I have in my heart for you.
Happy birthday, baby girl.

No comments:
Post a Comment