Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Is it fall yet?

Summer is coming to an end and I am really excited for fall to start! I love the season - the rustle of the leaves on the sidewalk and the chilly, crisp air. I LOVE fall. I almost bought some potted mums and a hay bale today while I was grocery shopping, but then I remembered that it's still August and I need to calm down. I also can't wait for my kids to go back to school. I feel like my kids, along with most, thrive with a schedule and summer time is always wild here. The kids are so busy with therapy, camps (for Ryan), traveling. I know things will get busier once school starts, but in some ways I feel like it calms down a little bit because we know what to expect.

Lauren saw her cardiologist today for her yearly visit. Her doctor told me to go home and read Psalm 100, a thanksgiving Psalm about God's goodness. He said her repair is one of the best he's seen in his 42 year career and the results couldn't be better. When I think back to how sick Lauren was during the weeks surround her surgery I can hardly believe she's really doing so well.

Ryan's in a computer camp and really liking it! I signed him for for an engineering class locally that starts next month, he's really excited about it! There are different class options offered every month, so he already found three of them he wants to do for September, October, and November. I'm so glad it seems like we've tapped into something he really likes! Some kids like sports, my kid likes computers. He seems to have really found a niche and something he can excel in!

We've been going up north when we can on weekends. We'll go this weekend, but staying home Labor Day weekend because it's "moving up" week at church and Ryan really doesn't want to miss it.

I'm working through my health issues, having good days and bad days. I had some cardiac testing done and was found to have POTS. I follow up with cardiology next week. I also saw a GI doctor and am having some testing done next month. Hopefully I'm well on my way to being on the mend!

No comments:

Post a Comment