Ah, Lauren. She has been so hilarious this weekend. She was really tired this morning (she had "a sleepovers"with Grandma Pam and probably didn't do a whole lot of sleeping! She was crying on and off all morning/after church. But then she was great.
We went to the zoo yesterday and she was begging me to let her pet the tiger. She said, "Mommy, he will not bite me! I promise!"
Today at church, one of the volunteers in her room walked in a little late and Lauren said, "Good morning! You look like a princess!"
I took her to Costco to get new glasses. She took FOREVER to decide. While I was working with the employee to get the paperwork done, Lauren grabbed the mirror and says so loud, "I am so pretty!!!" She then told me I was taking too long and rolled herself away from me. I figure she's a bit harder to kidnap in a wheelchair so I just finished what I was doing 😂
Then she was tired, fell asleep in the car on the way home, and finally we just put her in bed around 6pm. She woke up around 7pm and Greg brought her downstairs to me. She said, "It's morning time?!" Uhhh, negative sleeping beauty.
It was nearing bedtime and I told her not to argue when it was time. She actually bowed and said, "My pleasure!"
Then as I was leaving her room (after attempting to escape multiple times) she said, "Goodnight my special mommy! Have so much fun at work tomorrow!"
SERIOUSLY. She is a dream.
We went out to lunch after church, and an older woman (probably mid 80's) was in the bathroom as I was trying to get Lauren to hold onto the counter and balance on her right foot so I could wash my hands. She wanted to use the 'magic towels' aka paper towel dispenser herself, so I'm sure you know what that was like. The woman said, "I had a brother just like her. People are so much more accepting now, it's really a great thing. It's so wonderful to see her be so self-determined!" Then she stopped us again as she was leaving, gave me a hug, and said, "Don't they just have more heart than the rest of us?" I teared up and said, "We really are the lucky ones." And then she teared up. It was such a beautiful encounter and I really, really love when we get these kind of divine meetings. It feeds my soul.

No comments:
Post a Comment