I'm afraid of jinxing it...but Lauren's behavior has been great! We still have the "I not love you" if things don't go her way. But she and I went grocery shopping alone (no Monte and no dad) and it went awesome. The next day we went to the ENT doctor (she needs her tonsils out and possibly tubes 😣). The next day I took both kids and Monte to Target and everybody was awesome.
The small successes all in a row feel like a huge win! I don't know if I've shared this here in the past, but I have anxiety and depression. Medication certainly helps but it doesn't make it go away. Some days it feels like I'm under water with life and I can't quite reach the top. Some days it's like swimming upstream just to do normal, every day, adulting things. But the good days? Those are hard won victories I will cherish and take whenever I can get 'em.

No comments:
Post a Comment