I have a chinese symbol on my ankle meaning twin- my twin sister has it too. I have "grace" in romanian on my hip. I have Ryan's birthday in Roman numerals on my back. I have a peace dove on my wrist.
And today I got a feather on my back. There is a poem by Emily Dickinson called Hope that really speaks to me.
“Hope” is the thing with
feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the
words -
And never stops - at all -
And sweetest - in the Gale -
is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little
Bird
That kept so many warm -
I’ve heard it in the chillest
land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of
me.
So I got a feather in honor of my Lauren Hope.
I LOVE it! It hurt so bad, haha. But I love it. Do you have any tattoos?

five..and I don't fit into the sterotype at all either. I'd probably have a sleeve if people wouldn't treat me differently.
ReplyDeleteLove it!!
I love surprising people when they find out I have them :)
ReplyDeleteI love the feather! I would like to have a tattoo, and I talk about it, but ... my husband doesn't love the idea, so I resist. :)
ReplyDeleteI have several and can't wait to get the newest one to celebrate my baby! I love hearing the stories behind people's tattoos.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the tattoo you got!! That's awesome. Like someone else said, I would have a sleeve if people wouldn't judge me. lol
ReplyDeleteThanks!!! It hurt SO bad and took 2 hours. I swear I'm done getting tattoos!
ReplyDeleteNo tattoos here - it looks like it would hurt too much! I leave the tats to my brother-in-laws. They have enough for all of us :)
ReplyDeleteI don't have any tattoos, but I would get that one. It's so lovely and poetic.
ReplyDelete