Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Monday, September 25, 2017

Why?

I had my tonsils out one week ago today. If anyone ever tells you, as an adult, to have a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy...JUST SAY NO.

Seriously. I'm a week out and it's still pure misery.

And on top of that, both kids now have strep! Thank God I'm already on antibiotics since my surgery. Both kids are now also on antibiotics.


This picture is from Friday. It was a sad, yet extremely snuggly day. Ryan's usually a champ when he's sick, but not so much this time. He's been pretty low key, but has perked up significantly. Lauren is back to her normal (wild) self. Both kids will be going to school tomorrow and I can convalesce in peace.

My mom took Lauren home with her today for like 4 hours, which was amazing. I was feeling so horrible and so was Ryan. Lauren wasn't, which is amazing, but she's hard to keep up with when I'm not post-op! Monte was lost, poor guy. He likes to be touching her, or at the very least, sitting underneath her at the table. He even lays down by the bathroom door while she's going potty, forcing her to touch him to step over him or make him move. If she's not around, I'm his person and I've been lazing around. I feel so bad, I know he's bored out of his mind. He (thankfully) is a dog that loves to work, so a full week with no public access has been terrible for him. Luckily he had a full weekend prior to my surgery, but I still feel bad. I need to drag myself to the grocery store and bring him while the kids are at school sometime this week. If we have spells like this, Greg or I (or both of us) will take him places like the grocery store, the mall, out to dinner, etc to work on/keep up with his training. Restaurants are a great place for training because it's great distraction/leave it training. And he's already so well behaved while "dressed" that he's no bother anyways. Last time we took him out to eat our server was absolutely shocked at the giant dog that left with us. It was a great compliment!

2 comments:

  1. New ALS cure with the help of Dr Oz herbal medication for any email OZREMEDYCURE@GMAIL.COM

    All thanks to Dr Oz for curing my ALS with his Herbal medication, i do not have much to say but with all my life i will for ever be grateful to him and God Almighty for using Dr Oz to reach me when i thought it was all over, today i am happy with my life again after my test result have confirmed me of ALS of 5 years Negative,i have never in my life believed that ALS could be cured by Herbal mediccion so i want to use this means to reach other persons who have be diagnosed with ALS should contact Dr Oz try and contact him by any means for any kind of disease with his email

    Ozremedycure@gmail.com

    Or call him on +2348056391583.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 6yo got hers out yesterday and im getting mine out Dec 1st. I'm terrified!!!

    ReplyDelete