Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Update

Its been a while! I'm not even sure if I have any readers left!

We've been enjoying the heck out of summer so far! We went up north (northern MI) as a family which was so, so fun. We got to go to Mackinac Island, where Greg amd I had our honeymoon. My Ryan is conquering fears left and right and even jumped off the dock into the lake by himself. Lauren was a little to eager and almost turned swimming into drowning, which scared the crap out of everyone.

This week we had a carnival in our city and Ryan rode on all the rides, tried some hot pretzel and got a lot of exercise! We found out neither kid likes cotton candy, which is so foreign to me!

Lauren's just started her summer therapy program. She goes twice a week for 2.5 hours, its OT, speech and music therapy in a preschool type setting. She's been doing so well with speech lately we just felt it would behoove us to keep her in a classroom setting over the summer to prevent any regression.

We're all moved into our new house and adjusting well. It feels kind of like we'll never be done moving in or completing projects but I'm surprisingly totally okay with it. I am LOVING our new house and neighborhood. Its awesome being back where in grew up and I've already run into some old neighbors. This adventure is so, so fun and I'm really enjoying my dream house. I feel so thankful to be here.

Today at the carnival we had Lauren in her wheelchair. Its like a stroller on steroids! We came across a man with his friends, he was in a wheelchair too. He took one look at Lauren and said, "You're lucky, you have people pushing you!" I love when people aren't afraid to acknowledge a wheelchair, or Down syndrome or something different. That's something I really hope to reach my kids- different is more than okay! I want them to know it's a good thing to be different and to have friends that are different too.

I can't wait to see what the rest of the summer holds! We're having friends over for dinner this week and hosting a party of the 4th of July, both are sure to be so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment