Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Milestone of a little girl

I don't know if it was the same for you, but for my generation and neighborhood, every little girl had a Cabbage Patch Kid. Mine was named Michael, I inherited him from my big sister, and I LOVED him. Coincidentally my very first boyfriend (in 6th grade) was named Michael, haha.

Thanks to Grandma Pam, Lauren got to meet the very exciting milestone of getting her first CPK doll today!!

Meet Leni Jemma

Don't they kind of look alike? Lauren fell in love with her in the store so we let her play with it in the cart. We looked over and saw Lauren kissing her, holding he hands and playing with her hair. Lauren and Leni clearly could not be separated, so Leni came home with us :)

Lauren is currently taking a nap and I can't wait to see this beautiful friendship evolve once she realizes Leni comes out of the box!

I mean, seriously:
I may or may not be jealous that Lauren is getting a brand new CPK doll at the ripe old age of 18 months when I had to inherit an already, ahem, well loved doll.

I realize this whole post probably makes me sound like a nut case, but what a fun, girly thing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment