Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Blog Hop! Truth, Tip, Photo

One truth about Down syndrome and how it pertains to our lives.
Lauren is delayed. Sounds obvious, right? But it's something I was in denial about for a long time. I'm not particularly sad about it, it's just part of who she is. Another truth is that she is so loving! I known its a stereotype, but it's so true for her. She's never met a stranger and has fallen in love with every dog she's ever seen.

Here's a tip.
Just let your child be. I haven't looked at a milestone chart since Lauren was born. She's 18 months old and army crawling. I know that's not in the little box on the milestone chart for what kids "should" be doing at her age. Forget about what your kid "should be doing" and rejoice in what they ARE doing!

Photo

1 comment:

  1. Great tip! I don't think I looked at a milestone chart at all. I remember putting the ones I was given in our recycling bin. Not really worth it in my opinion.

    Lauren is a doll!

    ReplyDelete