Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My definition of heaven.

The planning has begun for Lo's birthday party! And by "begun" I mean I think about it sometimes. LOL! I am lazy. I can't help it. My only hobby is sleeping and I don't get to do it very often.

Just kidding. I'm not lazy anymore. I joined a gym and I actually started working out regularly about a month ago. It's been wonderful! It's an hour that I can put in my headphones, listen to music that's inappropriate for little ears (Yes, I'll admit it. I listed to rap. Don't judge!) and nobody touches me, nobody talks to me and nobody cares what I'm doing. For parents of small kids that translates into an hour of pure heaven! I've been going 3-4 times a week.

I actually hate working out while I do it. But I feel really good about myself afterwards! I'm hoping I will magically enjoy exercise someday. I want it to just become part of my normal routine instead of dragging my lazy, flabby self to Planet Fitness. I reeeally want to wear a 2 piece swim suit on our vacation. Well, I'm going to wear a 2 piece swim suit on our vacation regardless but I'd love to look fantastic while doing it! We already eat fairly healthy meals. Because of that I don't really have a ton of weight to lose, I'm just in terrible shape. I need to lose 10lbs to get to the same weight that I weighed on my wedding day. Not too shabby! But also not too easy. I'm 5'3" which means that a little bit of weight looks like a lot and it's kind of hard to lose.

Wish me luck. All this writing has made me crave some french fries from Wendy's.

No comments:

Post a Comment