Welcome to my blog!

A blog about our busy family with two amazing kids, one of whom happens to have Down syndrome!

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Lauren made a new friend!

Ryan and Lauren got to go to ABC Warehouse for the firs time today! Ryan LOVED all the washers and dryers. He even convinced my mom to buy Christmas wrapping paper because he was calling them "pipes" and really wanted some. Haha! He was shouting "Hello!" into each one. Adorable.

Lauren charmed the socks off the sales guy. It turns out he has siblings with disabilites! He kept smiling at Lauren and then finally said, "Can I ask you something? Do you belong to any organizations?" I was so excited! I love when people notice Lauren's extra cuteness chromosome and then also have a positive connection or story. It's very uplifting for someone like me who is very new to this journey.

Obviously, she loved ABC Warehouse. Ryan couldn't stand still long enough for a picture! He was so adorable.
 
Oh, and more brags on Ryan. He peed in the potty FOUR TIMES today! Woot! Any advice from parent's who've been there?! When will he start letting us know that he has to go?

2 comments:

  1. That's great. I love hearing the positive connections. And I have to say that I cracked myself up. For some reason when I read the beginning of this I thought that Ryan was her dad... you know... going on an errand together. Then when you talked about him not standing still and peeing in the potty I was shocked at first! Ha ha! No... didn't take me long then. But I thought it was hilarious. And Lauren is just getting cuter and cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job with the potty training! We just PTed my daughter. If you want to check out my blog there are some tips and info on there. Mostly it's things that I would have wanted to know while we were training!
    http://quinmommy.blogspot.com

    Lauren is absolutely beautiful and I love hearing about all the positive interactions you have with people. It's really helpful for me to read so I know how to respectfully approach a mama who has a child with a disability I may or may not be familiar with!


    ReplyDelete